RISHI SUNAK - PRIME MINISTER
He has sacked Nadhim Zahawi, and now faces more sleaze with tax avoidance schemes in 2023.
The fact is they are rowing pretty hard anyway. Many doing second and third jobs, just to survive. What is needed is an equitable society, where productive workers are recognised and rewarded. Where there are affordable homes and energy, and food is secured.
It might pay to look at a bit of history. For example Henry VIII inherited a vast fortune and a prosperous economy from his father, who had been frugal. This fortune is estimated at £1,250,000 (the equivalent of £375 million today). By comparison, Henry VIII's reign was a disaster financially. He augmented the royal treasury by seizing church lands, but his heavy spending and long periods of mismanagement damaged the economy. This appears to be an enduring pattern adopted by modern Labour and Conservative politicians in the 20th and 21st centuries, leading to climate change and staggering national debts of £2.4 Trillion pounds, energy and cost of living crises.
Debt £billions as % GDP
UK general government gross debt was £2,365.4 billion at the end of Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) 2022, equivalent to 99.6% of gross domestic product (GDP). Leaving almost no reserves, taking the country to the brink in any language. Where growth is contrary to sustainable or circular economics. Simply because earth is being drained at the rate of 2.4 planets, of the ability of the world to produce. Meaning that, to start to get things under control, borrowing needs to reduce to £985 billion pounds at present GDP. A truly sustainable economy would not need any borrowings, but have reserves rather than debt, as in nature.
To get there, we need to think about building from the ground up. A difficult task, given the hole his forbears have dug for the citizens of the United Kingdom. But then it is their fault for voting in bullshit merchants. Who borrowed to keep things looking rosy, when in fact the ship was sinking as surely as the Titanic.
Banks should not be allowed to lend money the planet cannot afford. We need a different system to pretend paper money. One the bankers cannot super heat. We need a return to gold and silver coins, and a means to convert real coins into digital purchasing power, on a temporary basis. Such that the savings of those who have worked all their lives to retire, is not devalued by the exchange currency of any nation who is under-performing, or over lending.
Nonsense currencies like Crypto, should be made illegal, unless linked to a gold, food, or energy Standard.
Let us see if Jeremy Hunt can dig us out of the financial shit? While Mr Sunak has relented, and will attend COP27 at Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt, November 2022. So well done to the new Prime Minister. We appreciate his efforts greatly, where they do not unduly burden businesses, and work to promote innovation and entrepreneurs - sadly lacking in a UK that no longer manufactures very much. We used to be the power house of the industrial world, but have given that away.
FOSSIL FOOLS - Geriatric politicians with 'climate-senile' policies will find in difficult to break away from their corrupt ways, as part time politicians with two jobs. Their main job being to find paid consultancy work, rather than craft policies and create statute that works to protect our voters from lung cancer, energy shortages and a lack of affordable (sustainable) housing.
The 'zerophobics' are the undertakers of the political world, sending millions of ordinary people to an early grave, while loading us with NHS, hospital and staff costs that would not be needed if we had clean air in our cities.
Basically, the longer you are in politics, the more likely you are to be exposed to bribes, from climate deniers, mostly fossil fuel and energy companies, looking to keep on pumping toxic fumes into the atmosphere, so they can keep making money. The political undertakers are working with them to keep hospitals stocked with cancer victims, adding to the £Trillions we owe as part of the national debt. Under Boris and Rishi Sunack, pensioner's saving have halved in real terms. They are blood sucking vampires, draining what little you had saved for your retirement.
Northallerton, DL6 2NJ
London, SW1A 0AA
CABINET MPS -MARCH 2020
CONSERVATIVE MPS 2017-2020
The United Kingdom has many political parties, some of which are represented in the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Below are links to the websites of the political parties that were represented in the House of Commons after the 2015 General Election:
DEMOCRAT UNIONIST PARTY
SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC AND LABOUR PARTY
UK INDEPENDENCE PARTY
ULSTER UNIONIST PARTY
Social Democratic and Labour Party
SIX (SUGGESTED) STEPS TOWARD A COOLER PLANET
1. TRANSPORT: Phase out polluting vehicles. Governments aim to end the sale of new petrol, and diesel vehicles by 2040 but have no infrastructure plan to support such ambition. Marine transport can be carbon neutral. Zero carbon shipping is gaining ground with offshore solar boat racers reaching 35knots (Delft University @ Monaco 2019). The first solar powered circumnavigation record was set in 2012 by PlanetSolar. That record could be halved by another contender on the drawing board.
2. RENEWABLES: Renewable energy should replace carbon-based fuels (coal, oil and gas) in our electricity, heating and transport. We are well on the way to that with solar and wind power now price competitive to fossil fuels.
3. HOUSING: On site micro or macro generation is the best option, starting with new build homes that are affordable and built of wood for improved insulation and carbon lock. New units might not need planning consents if energy self-sufficient, or very nearly so. Planning consents should be struck for genuinely affordable/sustainable housing and self builds where cost is below £50,000. See letter to Nus Ghani July 2019.
4. AGRICULTURE: We need trees to absorb carbon emissions from a growing population, flying, and to build new homes. Reducing food waste and promoting less energy intensive eating habits such as no meat Mondays.
5. INDUSTRY: Factories should be aiming for solar heating and onsite renewable energy generation. This could be done simply by making it a 106 type (mitigation) condition of new builds that they include solar heating and photovoltaic panels. Too many units were built in the last 3 years without climate friendly features, such as EV charging points.
6. POLITICS: - National governing bodies need to adopt rules to eliminate administrative wastages, restrain local authority empire building, scale down spending on war machines, educate the public and support sustainable social policies that mesh with other cultures transparently. Ban kleptocratic policies. Open your doors to transparency and a new era of honest politics. Local authorities are famous for finding the loopholes to keep on doing favours for mates. Simply close those loopholes with binding statute. Any gray areas should be made black and white in writing. Even then councils will break the law, so introduce a task force to prosecute offending local authorities..
LINKS & REFERENCE
CLIMATE CHANGE COP HISTORY
DESERTIFICATION COP HISTORY
BIODIVERSITY COP HISTORY
UN CLIMATE ACTION PORTFOLIOS
AFFORDABLE | CLIMATE | DEVELOPERS | ECONOMY | FLOOD | HISTORY | HOMES
LADDER | MORALS | POVERTY | PROPERTY | SLAVERY | TAXES | SLUMS | VALUATIONS | WEALTH